AG MILLWORKS BLOG
Looking for project inspiration, before and afters, FAQs, and expert advice? You've come to the right place! Explore the blog to learn more about our folding, sliding, and swing door systems.
Monday, December 28 2015
Your New Year’s resolutions to keep you happy at home in the coming year.
Can you believe 2016 is just around the corner? Since you’re probably starting to work on your list of New Year’s resolutions, we have a few to add for your home. Keep these resolutions to love your abode through 2016!
Protect what’s important. You’ve invested a lot in your home. Not only is it one of the biggest parts of your financial portfolio, it’s also the place your family is making their life! Make sure it keeps its value by considering improvements with a high ROI. Both Forbes and the National Association of Realtors say that a new Entry Door is one of the most worthwhile home improvements.
Get outside more. Fresh air is waiting! Appreciate your property’s outdoor areas from the comfort of your home and enjoy the benefits indoor-outdoor living. Bi-Fold Patio Doors are a fantastic way to open up your home to the great outdoors, making it easy to actually keep this resolution in 2016.
Stay safe. Protect yourself and your family by resolving to regularly test and replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Check the locking mechanisms on all your doors and windows to ensure they’re still in good shape, and if not, consider replacing the hardware or the entire door with something new.
We want to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions, so we’re making it easy! Simply click the Match Me With A Dealer button to get started! With our innovatively designed products made of top quality materials, AG Millworks can help transform your home with custom Entry Doors, Windows, and Multi-Slide Patio Doors, Lift and Slide, and Bi-Fold Patio Doors that allow you to fully enjoy elegant home design in 2016.
Monday, December 21 2015
Celebrate this holiday season opening your heart and getting involved in your community!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And the real reason this season is so sweet is the spirit of giving. Here are a few ways you can celebrate the season and give back to help your community:
1. Give your time. One of the best ways to give costs you nothing at all! Gather your family and friends and head to your local senior center, animal shelter, soup kitchen, etc. to lend a hand. You’ll be the one volunteering, but you’re pretty much guaranteed to get something in return: a big smile on your face as you are able to make a difference in someone else’s life!
2. Give your extras. You’ll probably get a holiday gift or two for which you need to make room in your home. Prepare for that by cleaning out closets, pantries, etc. Look for any extras you have, like unused coats or duplicate canned goods. Donating your warm clothing and nonperishable food is a great way to give back.
3. Give your money. You might be surprised how little money you need to give to make a big difference this time of year. Buying a toy for a child in need or necessary supplies for your local homeless shelter won’t cost much, but the effects will be felt (and appreciated) by many!
We’re talking about metaphorically opening your doors, but you may want to physically open your doors, too! Want to make that easier? Simply click the Match Me With A Dealer button to get started! With our innovatively designed products made of top quality materials, AG Millworks can help transform your home with custom Entry Door, Windows, and Multi-Slide, Lift and Slide, and Bi-Fold Patio Doors that allow you to fully enjoy elegant home design in 2016.
Tuesday, December 15 2015
Celebrate the Season by Decorating your Entryway
Whether you’ve got a steel door that makes nailing décor to it impossible or a beautiful wood door you’d never want to damage, it can be tricky to find a way to decorate your entryway for the holidays. Here are some great (temporary) ideas to liven up your front porch and entry:
1. Hang a beautiful wreath, fragrant garland or ornament on your door. There are so many styles to choose from or make your own. Some fun ideas on Pinterest: Wreaths and Other Door Decor. Use double sided tape, a ribbon hung from the top of door or an over-the-door hanger for placement.
2. Fill pots or other porch containers with seasonal greenery. Check out this lovely idea from Houzz:
Deck your containers with Holiday cheer
3. Brighten up with lights. Colored, twinkling or ornate, a few strings of lights can make your home bright and more inviting! Wrap-around support columns; hang on planters or in trees in your front yard.
Show off your great holiday décor with fabulous new entry door to serve as your canvas. Simply click the Match Me With A Dealer button to get started! With our innovatively designed products made of top quality materials, AG Millworks can help transform your home with custom Entry Doors, Windows, and Multi-Slide, Lift and Slide, and Bi-Fold Patio Doors that allow you to fully enjoy elegant home design and indoor-outdoor living.
Friday, December 11 2015
Your home’s entry doors are your key to making a fantastic first impression.
We all know how much first impressions matter. Whether it’s a job interview or a date, those first moments have the potential to shape your entire relationship thereafter. Even if you’ve already got your own first impression managed, you might think about the statement your home is making. Simply upgrading your entry door gives you the power to make a fantastic first impression and boosts everything from curb appeal to rapport with your neighbors!
Want to make this easy but effective change? Make sure your home makes a fantastic first impression by choosing one of these entry door options from AG Millworks:
Passages Entry Doors give you contemporary sleekness tailored to seamlessly blend with your home.
Landmark Entry Doors are for you if you love the classics. These traditional, elegant doors let your guests know they’re welcome.
Craftsman Entry Doors blend simple design with top-tier craftsmanship. All of our doors, including our California Craftsman doors, are created locally in Ventura, California.
Rancho Entry Doors ensure you don’t have to choose between your home’s Mediterranean or Ranch styling and a fabulous front door!
Custom Entry Doors are a great way to get a “wow” from your guests the second they set foot on your property! At AG Millworks we can create the perfect custom door for your home.
If you’d like more information, simply click the Match Me With A Dealer button to get started! With our innovatively designed products made of top quality materials, AG Millworks can help transform your home with custom Entry Doors, Windows, and Multi-Slide, Lift and Slide, and Bi-Fold Patio Doors that allow you to fully enjoy elegant home design and indoor outdoor living.